So within the last couple of months, I've been looking to move from my current linux sysadmin role to another linux sysadmin role. Apart from having to deal with recruiters, i hate sales people - only in it for commission.
Out of the 4 interviews I went to none of them mentioned any windows server management - i have limited experience and no desire to work with windows server - 3 of the interviews all asked about windows server then went on to telling me they had windows servers and within the technical section of the interview started asking windows server questions. One of them never even asked a linux based question during said technical section!
What gives? Is this a common practice to hide windows server in a JD?
I was honest at the interviews, explained what I was looking for and politely ended the interview with regards to the dishonesty in the JD.
Luckily the fourth didn't go down this path and a job offer was accepted last week.
Brace yourself. On 13th of November researchers from TU Graz will present Zombieload 2.0. The press release revealed they already know about this vulnerability since April (and reported it to Intel).
They were not allowed to talk about it until now. Patches for Debian and Ubuntu are flying in at the moment:
I guess we will be getting a tough week. Cloud providers buying these CPUs because of "hardware protection" propably wont be happy about this. Good luck everyone!
I've been migrating mysql 5.5 to mariadb 10.4. I figured I should replicate to avoid too much downtime.
I took a mysqldump with --master-data to automatically fill in binlog file and position. Started replication after the dump was restored on the new server. Everything looked good and I let it replicate for a day so it could catch up. So far so good.
This morning I made the switch. It was quick and easy and everything was running as normal. Everything looked good.... but then came the reports. MISSING DATA. Turns out "master-data" didn't work correctly. Because we're missing 20 minutes of data from around the time I took the mysqldump. So now we have new rows with duplicate IDs from that missing 20 minutes so I can't just rollback portion of the binary log either.
I should have verified replication worked correctly. So that's on me. Not sure what went wrong other than that.
We have the issue that files sometimes (as in several times a day, 40 users) turn into read-only. So you can’t edit and save work.
We have a SharePoint site which we sync with OneDrive for Business. It’s been working like this forever. Mostly it works but there are constant issues with saving. Sometimes it works just by closing and opening the files again.
So it’s Office365 accounts, Win10 machines with latest updates on everything. I’ve checked all permissions and it can’t be that since it works most of the time. I’ve reinstalled office, disabled Upload with office applications, and checked permissions. Everything is there. Microsoft support threads are no help, as usual.
Edit: My OneDrive works after a restart. Users do Dan not.